Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Smells Like Roses!

Hard to believe that the much-anticipated Flower Show in NJ has come and gone! The 4-day-only event left me scrambling to re-arrange my schedule so I could attend. I mean, how could I possibly miss it?!

This year's theme...can you guess...?
Gardens on Broadway! The entrance display had major impact, as did the overpowering smell of manure/mulch! Perfume to garden enthusiasts...lol! Talk about an instant high!

I snapped the more popular Broadway titles, but, upon review, they actually didn't hold much interest.

Like this one...a shapeless arrangement with plastic slippers...

This water garden caught my eye though. Love that little fisherman!


Orchids...my fave!


Hellebores...



These beautiful faces make me sigh...




Does your winter berry ever look this good?!

How lucky was I to capture this view without one person walking the path?

Four hrs. of blissful touring and a few impulse purchases later, I'm back out in winter temps but thankful for the beautiful glimpse into Spring! And, call me crazy, but I enjoyed inhaling that sweet scent of mulch, lingering in my hair and clothes on the drive home! Only a few weeks 'til the Philadelphia Flower Show! Anyone else going...?

6 comments:

  1. Just what a person needs to drive away the winter blahs. So much color just has to be good for a person. LOL! The Orchids are so beautiful Lynn. And the pathway of tulips. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that path of tulips was my favorite. Although the flower pictures were fantastic and getting me more anxious for spring than ever. I can only imagine how it hit you seeing them in person and not in a picture! Great post Lynn - as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe it or not, I've missed two fairly local garden shows lately. I'll miss another in a week or so (we'll be out of town). However, there's one at the end of March that I PLAN to attend. I can hardly wait!! Thanks for the review of yours! Happy Spring to you, Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Photos! :-)

    Greetings from Southern California

    I am your newest follower. I invite you to visit my blog and follow me if you want too.

    God bless you :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Guys! I am FINALLY seeing signs of life in the garden! Tulips/daffs are peeking through...YAY!!!

    Shady, hope your travels are taking you to a warmer zone with blooms in progress. Gonna play hookey today and visit the Philly Flower Show! ;D

    Thanks for the comment, Ron...always nice to meet another blogger! And you're from my hometown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry we missed it this year :(
    And you are lucky to have gotten a clear shot of that path
    Beautiful photos as always, Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead.
Make My Day.
And leave a comment...won't you?!